How to Apply
All applications are taken on-line
All applications are taken on-line by simply clicking Apply Now.
• Complete Online Application
• Take the completed application and the following information to the Housing Authority Office:
• Original Birth Certificates for ALL applicants
• Original Social Security Cards for ALL applicants
• Drivers License or other form of Pictured Identification (Adults Only)
• If you receive Food Stamps or TANF, please write amount on page 2 of the application under “Financial Assistance”.
• It is very important to include a telephone number where you can be reached and a current mailing address. Any time you have a change of address of telephone number, it is important that you report the changes to the Housing Authority office in writing.
• You will be contacted when your name comes near the top of the waiting list. At this time you will be required to bring proof of income and a background check will be completed. Failure to update promptly may result in your name being skipped or dropped from the waiting list. There are some bedroom sizes with shorter waiting lists.
The waiting list is updated and posted outside in an enclosed case in front of the Avon Park Housing Authority Office on a monthly basis, you can also check your position online by clicking on the Apply tab at www.avonparkha.org and follow instructions to check waitlist position.
NOTICE: Policy Change to Wait List Notice Process & Limit to Number of Project Applications Per Year